I am very happy to announce that Ioke P has finally been released!
Ioke is a language that is designed to be as expressive as possible. It is a dynamic language targeted at the Java Virtual Machine. There also exists a version for the CLR. It’s been designed from scratch to be a highly flexible general purpose language. It is a prototype-based programming language that is inspired by Io, Smalltalk, Lisp and Ruby.
The two specific releases that encompass Ioke P are ikj 0.4.0 and ikc 0.4.0.
Ioke P is the fourth release of Ioke. It includes many new features compared to Ioke E:
- Number Infinity
- First class Runtime
- New parser
- Destructuring assignment
- Message rewriting
- Functional composition
- Dictionary and Set versions of Enumerable methods
- Enumerable group, Enumerable groupBy
- Set operations for union, intersection, membership, subset and superset testing
- ISpec stubbing and mocking
- IIk history
- DokGen on separate projects
Ioke P also includes a large amount of bug fixes.
- Expressiveness first
- Strong, dynamic typing
- Prototype based object orientation
- Homoiconic language
- Simple syntax
- Powerful macro facilities
- Condition system
- Java integration
- Developed using TDD
- Documentation system that combines documentation with specs
- Runs on both the JVM and the CLR
The many things added in Ioke P could not have been done without the support of all the Ioke contributors. Thank you!
Ola Bini – email@example.com